The national carrier Indian Railways spends Rs. 111 as against every Rs. 100 earned so given this scenario neither the behemoth in the past nor in the future is likely to offer any discounts on using its services. Nonetheless, if you are technology savvy and even value 5% discount or maximum Rs. 50 that can be availed on booking reserved tickets you need to use the BHIM UPI platform for making the payment.
The offer is now available till June 30 and this is primarily to boost the usage of BHIM UPI as well as promote India’s digital India initiative.
Process to follow to avail discount when booking Indian railways ticket
At Railway station counter:
1. You need to visit passenger reserved system reserved counter or PRS at the railway station
2. Get your ticket booked and ask the staff reserving ticket for you that you wish to make the payment using BHIM.
3. Fare Collect request will then be sent to customer associated to UPI including BHIM application.
4. 4. Make the payment using UPI or BHIM app.
Using IRCTC site
1. Fill in the details to make the railway ticket booking and proceed to make the payment
2. Choose the option which says make payment using BHIM/ UPI/ USSD. There will be 3 options under this and you can pay for your railway ticket using any of the options.
3. In the third step, you need to provide virtual private account details or UPI address.
This story has not been edited by Topic Hunt (with the possible exception of the headline) and has been generated from a syndicated feed. (GoodReturns)